Followers

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Quilted Card

Hello again...

Well this is my second birthday card in two days (the other will be posted after it has been received), this one is going to another family history friend who has also taken up quilting in recent months. 

I had a plan in mind for this card of a general plain repeated pattern quilt but Papercraft Inspirations magazine templates came to the rescue with a lovely pattern to create in just nine squares. Living across the world has its benefits, the patterns are released online to coincide with the UK release of the magazine, by the time the magazine makes it across the world and into our newsagencies it could be three or four months later (unless you subscribe), so using the patterns completely unaided by full colour images leaves you free to envisage your own end product.

Here's my card



I remember seeing this pattern during high school textiles while we were studying quilt making for our final exams, including creating our very own quilts as a major project. The tulips are very pretty as quilted squares and I was impressed at how well they worked in miniature for the card. I used my pierced square dies and so that the piercing continues across the triangles I used a larger square to add the piercing where required, only missing the corner piece.


What I used:-

A4 white card to create square easel card blank
White card
Wild rose studio paper pack
MFT Pierced square die
Button from stash
Lily of the valley Birthday stamp
Black ink pad
Craft Mat, Stanley knife & steel ruler
Kaisercraft 2mm bling (on sentiment)
Jute cord
Mini pegs from stash

Adhesives- P.V.A. glue, Double-sided adhesive paper, double-sided tape, Foam tape

I would like to enter this card in:


Thank you for looking in…
Have a good one…
Megan

P.S. A huge thank you to all the kind ladies who leave me a little message, I truly appreciate each and every one of them ;-) 

No comments: