Followers

Saturday 27 February 2016

Paper Pieced #1 Snowman

Hello again...

Today I am sharing a card I made for the From the Heart Stamps Stamp of the Month Challenge, each month those who join in with the stamp challenge will receive the following months image for free, if you would like to join in this month’s image is called Snowman and Cocoa and you can buy the image for just $1 or if you find some lovely stamps in Faith’s store to buy and you spend $10 or more you can enter a code found here  to get the both image and some sentiments free with your order.

I knew what main paper, die I was going to use and I wanted to paper piece the snowman’s hat, scarf and gloves. For those of you who have visited me before know, I try to avoid too many snow related Christmas cards since I like many others celebrate a Summer Christmas, so I have used a sentiment word-art image from Paulette over at TLC 
Creations and plan on sending this card to my Uncle and Aunt in July, a month in Australia where many hotels, restaurants and guest houses celebrate Yulefest and the more traditional cold climate Christmas. My Uncle and Aunt will get a laugh out of it, a few years ago we went out on a River cruise During Yulefest for my Uncle's birthday.

On to my card, I printed out the image once on plain A5 paper, then used washi tape to hold my small pieces of papers over the image before re-printing onto the patterned papers, which were from my scraps I cut them each a little larger than what I needed only covering the area I wanted printed I found some scrappy pieces already embossed in my stash I had my fingers crossed for this to get through the printer without any paper jams. All the pieces were fussy cut and I attached some directly on top of the snowman and raised others up on little sticky foam pieces.
I added some sparkle to the white parts of his hat with Wink of Stella pen.

Here’s my card:-



What I used:-
White 14.8cm x 10.5cm card blank
Sentiment Stamp TLC Creations (Paulette is moving her store this digi may be available again at a later time)
Navy card stock
White card stock
Poppy Stamps Flurry Frame (I won this die from Scrappy Mo& Rudolph Day last December!)
Lifestyle crafts nesting rectangle dies
Blue and Green Faber-Castell pencils
Generic design snowy paper (Kmart in Australia)
Wavy Lined paper generic (4” scrap)
White iridescent paper
White card stock scraps already embossed ()
Doodlebug Santa Express paper pad (scraps from)
Orange stripe paper from scrap bags
Printer & PC
Sticky Foam Pads, Double-sided tape, double-sided adhesive paper
White Wink of Stella Brush

I would like to enter this card in:-
Jingle Belles- All Bundled Up- More than 3 layers
Many thanks for looking in...
enjoy your weekend...
Megan

P.S. A huge thank you to all the lovely ladies who spend some of their time leaving me a little message, I truly appreciate them all.... 

No comments: