Followers

Sunday 17 December 2017

Naughty or Nice?


Hello again,

Today brings us to another brand new challenge over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and as always the challenge is Anything Goes, so come along and join in the fun with whatever you have been making, we have two lovely sponsors this fortnight offering a lovely prize to two winners…

Prize 2 images


Prize 2 Packs from the store


I have used a super cute image from Emerald Faeries called Boo and Snookie which you can find here and some lovely Christmas themed papers from AMB Illustrations - Christmas Traditional Evergreen Paper After colouring up the cute little faerie image which reminds me of the Gumnut Babies with the little hat on I decided to give the little snail a little Christmas Bling and coloured and added some Kindy Glitz glitter glue to the shell. I printed off some tiny sample patches of the papers from AMB Illustrations before deciding on the three I ended up using, I’m fairly new to printing my own papers and discovered in word that I could use the pattern paper image to fill shapes, so working with my usual sized card blank I measured and made different sized rectangles to fit and lay one over the top of the other exactly where I wanted it to be, printing off the card front panel and two smaller squares of the red and green spotted paper to die cut some holly leaves and berries.

I have a confession, I had nearly finished this card and was adding the sentiment when I dropped the inked stamp onto the card, fortunately missing the image.... I reprinted the design adding the white circle over the patterned papers before I hit print, stamped sentiment directly onto the card and added the rescued and now fussy cut image onto the card front.... 

Here is my card:-

What I used:-

White 10.5x14.8cm card blank
Emerald Faeries Image Boo and Snookie
AMB Illustrations Christmas Traditional Evergreen Paper Pack
Faber-Castell and Derwent coloured pencils
Red Kindyglitz
Cottage Cutz Holly and berries die
scrap of die cut grass
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Close to my Heart Stamp- The thought that counts

I would like to enter this  card in:-
12 Months of Christmas link-up Optional theme Christmas Cupcakes
Christmas Cards all year round Anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra

Thank you for looking in.... 
Have a wonderful weekend...
Megan

P.S. A huge thank you to all the lovely visitors who stop by and take the time to leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all!

No comments: