Followers

Thursday 15 March 2018

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hello again,

I received a lovely email over the Christmas and New Year asking if I would be interested in joining the lovely ladies on the Crafting By Design design team and today brings me to my very first post as a member of the design team, I’m looking forward to working with the ladies who provide a lot of beautiful inspiration with every challenge they run.

This week the challenge is hosted by team member Sharon and we are celebrating St. Patrick's Day, the DT received a lovely image from our sponsor The Paper Shelter to work with called Nap in a cup featuring one little leprechaun obviously tired out from his hard work or perhaps a few too many drinks afterwards. The Paper Shelter will be giving the winner their choice of three digital stamps as the prize for the week.


Prize 3 images- Winners Choice




I coloured the leprechaun with Faber-Castell pencils and paper pieced the cup using some metallic paper from my bag of scraps, I created the sentiment in a basic document adding a clipart from the web tool. It reads “March 17th When everyone is Irish for the Day” with Happy St. Patrick’s Day beside the hat. St. Patrick’s Day is not a big event here in Aus, despite many of us having Irish Ancestry, including me! I believe there is a parade and family friendly event in the city always held the Sunday closest to St. Patrick’s Day, this year meaning it will be celebrated on the 18th… and of course pubs and clubs have plenty of drinking going on all day long.


What I used:-
White A5 card folded to 10.5x14.8cm to create card blank 
White card stock for printing
Colour Printer
Faber-Castell Pencils
MFT Pierced circle dies
Fussy cutting scissors
Green spotted card- Christmas stash
Orange and metallic silver paper from scrap bags
Fiskars scalloped border punch
Adhesives:- PVA Glue, foam tape and double sided tape

Sentiment created with Grinched, Travelling Typewriter and Whiskey Bottle fonts


This challenge runs from today 15th to 21st March Sydney time (Midnight 14th to 23:59 20th US Eastern time) and you can join in adding your project with Mr. Linky on the post you can find here

I would like to enter this card in:-

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

No comments: